Friday, May 10, 2013

Nail of the week: In the Nude






For this week's nail art design I wanted to eskew the typical pastel colors most bloggers are trotting out for spring and go with a simple, stark, nude accented with two red flowers to avoid a total "mannequin hands" look.

I chose my favorite nude color Revlon's Sheer Rose. I love it because it matches my skin tone so well, many nudes tend to be too dark or too pink for my skintone. But I do go back and forth about the quality of Revlon polishes in general. The pigmentation of this particular color is not very good and it applied very streaky. In fact it required a whopping four coats (albeit thin ones) to reach full opacity. However I have yet to find a nude color that DOESNT apply like this and to me its worth working with the formulation a bit to achieve such a nice color. Revlon polishes have I would say AVERAGE staying power, certainly not comparable to the lasting power of an Essie polish for example and can be worn with a good topcoat for 3-4 days as compared to Essie's 5-6. They typically retail for $4.99 on average but I purchased this one from a Grocery Outlet store for about $.75. Do you struggle with having to build nude polish up several coats in order to achieve full opacity? What's your favorite nude nail color?


No comments :