Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nail of the week: "Brazilliant" summer colors

left hand (click on photo to enlarge)

right hand (click on photo to enlarge)
After about a month and a half long hiatus Im back this week with a new nail design (actually a few nail designs ive been backlogging for awhile since ive been too busy to post lately. As some of you know I moved to Egypt back in February to get married and start a new life and between adjusting to everything and studying my language course I just dont have as much free time to post as I used to. BUT I promise to try to be more consistent since this blog is still very important to me. So here we go

This week I wanted to do a fun design inspired by summer. I chose Essie's "brazilliant" from their summer 2011 collection as a base color. click here to purchaseIt is a dark shimmery orange with slight gold reflects. It wears perfectly in two coats and like all Essie polishes, in my experience, wear 5-7 days with only minimal tip fading (WITH a good topcoat).  Essie nail polishes normally retail for $8 but I purchased mine in a set of 3 Essie Summer 2011 polishes for $8.99 from Ross.
essie brazilliant



Since I didnt have yellow nail polish on hand I used water based acrylic paints to create the rest of the design. click here to purchase. When I was finished I added a little gold glitter to the center of the thumbs for a little extra sparkle.

The design itself is quite easy to achieve here are the steps
1) paint nails two coats of your favorite orange polish
2) using yellow polish (or paint) and a flat tip paint brush fill in the center of the nail leaving the orange border.
3) using a small size dotting tool and red acrylic paint make a simple five dotted flower in two corners of your nail
4) using the same dotting tool and yellow acrylic paint dot the center of your flower with yellow.
5) using the same dotting tool and green paint add two tiny almond shaped leaves to each flower.
6) with the same dotting tool and black acrylic paint outline your yellow paint with small dots.
7) add a thick coat of topcoat to protect your design and youre finished!

I hope you enjoyed this weeks nail art design! Have a great week!

No comments :