Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nail of the week: Periwinkle Plaid

I actually had better pictures of this week's nail art design but I accidentally deleted them in my file (sigh) so this picture is the only one that survived. For this design I used a new edition to my nail polish collection, a beautiful creme periwinkle. The brand Ciao Fast and Easy is a brand I have discovered here in Egypt and I really like it. If I had to compare it in formulation and in price I would say it is almost the exact same as the Sinful Colors nail polish brand. Both are about the equivalent of $2.00 and both have good pigmentation and a decent wear time (4-5 days with a good topcoat). Fast and Easy does not have nearly the color range of Sinful Colors but they are readily available and since i'm living abroad in a country where there is no access to Sinful Colors and Revlon nail polish costs $10 (gulp!) it is the best brand I have found for the price so far.



This particular color does not have a name but it is a gorgeous creme periwinkle color that I am just loving on my skintone. Periwinkle has been my go to color for Spring and Summer and looks amazing on the toes as well for a sandal ready pedi. If you live in the United States and have no access to this brand there are similar colors in other brands. China Glaze has a slightly lighter creme periwinkle called Secret Periwinkle click here to purchase and deborah lippman has another gorgeous creme periwinkle as well called "I know what boys like" that is very very similar to this color click here to purchase. But the most affordable dupe might be Essence "blues of being cool".

For the nail art design I used a striping brush and water based acrylic paint. It was really easy and look less then a half hour for all ten nails. I love coming up with designs that are easy to do but still look polished. Hope you enjoyed this weeks nail art design. Thanks for reading!

No comments :