Tuesday, June 25, 2013

pedicure of the week: Jade Green and Floral


This week Im going to a family wedding and planning to wear a green maxi dress with some floral print so I decided to echo this theme in my mani and pedi. I reached for my favorite green in my collection "Lucky Duck" by Orly from their "birds of a feather" collection. click here to purchase this color. I think the lighting in this picture is a little off because it appears more of a deep forest green rather than a jade green. I tried to retake the picture but it definitely did apply darker this time then it usually does and im not really sure why...(thicker coats?) Either way its still a beautiful color. Orly is not my favorite salon brand, I find their bottles too bulky and the caps too big and hard to work with. Im not super crazy about the formulation either, ive definitely had to add thinner to this one a few times to make it more workable. Orly retails for about $8 at most stores but I purchased this bottle for $3.99 from Marshalls.
Orly "Lucky Duck"


To create this look:
1) paint your nails two coats of your favorite dark green polish.
2) after it dries add an upside down triangle in a lighter shade of green to your accent nail. (if you have trouble freehanding the shape you can use tape to tape off the lines and color inside) I chose "Absolutely Shore" by Essie.
3) with a small size dotting tool and white acrylic paint lightly outline your triangle.
4) using the same dotting tool and pink acrylic paint add five pink dots in a circle for your flowers. You can add as many flowers in the light green triangle as you choose. add tiny green almond shapes on the sides of the flowers for the leaves, again paint as many or as little leaves as you choose.
5) after that dries apply a thin coat of topcoat and add a dark pink 1mm size rhinestone to the center of your flowers
6) finish with a thick coat of topcoat to seal in your design.

Where to buy supplies:
1) acrylic paint click here to purchase
2) dotting tool click here to purchase
3) 1mm size rhinestones click here to purchase

No comments :