Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nail of the week: Abstract periwinkle



This week I created a simple abstract look using just three colors, a dotting tool, and white acrylic paint. I started out by painting my nails two coats of this silver nail polish by the brand "fast and easy". I own a few polishes of this brand, purchased here in egypt and I really love them. At just 13 Egyptian pounds ($2USD) the price, quality, and formula of the polishes are almost identical to the Sinful colors brand available in the US.

I created a french manicure using this cream periwinkle color by the same "fast and easy" brand. I painted my thumbs all periwinkle as an accent nail.
I added one thin coat of "night in vegas" by essence, a gorgeous flaky topcoat that is a perfect dupe for Essie's "shine of the times". This topcoat is my favorite polish of all time and it really gave the silver a foiled look. I purchased this nail polish at Fred Meyers for $2.99 in Portland.
I created the abstract pattern using white water based acrylic paint and a small size dotting tool. I added a purple 1 mm size rhinestone to the center of the little florets. I finished off the look by adding a topcoat to seal in my design.



Thanks for checking out this week's nail design! I plan to start posting more regularly again now that things have slowed down a bit around the country. Have a good week!

No comments :