Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nail of the week: Dotted flower garden



This week I went for a simple dotted flower design using two nail colors, white water based acrylic paint, and a small size dotting tool. I wanted it to kind of look like it was stamped on the nail.

I started out by adding two coats of this grayish lavender creme polish by "fast and easy", I really liked the color but I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed how different it appears on the nail vs in the bottle. A little bit of it is the lighting but it does appear much more grayish on the nail whereas in the bottle it is a truer lavender.
Using white water based acrylic paint and my small size dotting tool I created the flower design across the tip of the nail.

I painted a thin coat of revlon "scandalous", a black creme polish with chunks of magenta glitter, to the very tips of the nails, above where i made my flower design. I used my small size dotting tool to dip into this color and added one dot to the center of each of my flowers. I finished off by adding topcoat to protect and seal in my design. Thanks for reading have a great week!

No comments :