Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pedicure of the week: Splash of Citrus


This week I wanted to do something fun and summer inspired, so I went for a simple design inspired by citrus fruits. I used my favorite orange, Essie's "brazilliant" click here to purchase.
Essie "Brazilliant"

I used Orly's "lucky duck" to create a french tip click here to purchase to emulate the colors of an orange.
Orly "Lucky Duck"

I used my small size dotting tool and yellow water based acrylic paint to outline the green french manicure click here to purchase acrylic paint. Then I applied a thick coat of topcoat and applied three fimo fruit to the corners of my big toes, an orange, a lemon, and a lime. click here to purchase fimo fruit wheel Fimo fruits are flat and made from polymer clay giving them a kind of rubberized feel.


To apply fimo fruit to nail
1) apply topcoat
2) dip dotting tool in the wet topcoat and pick up the fruit of your choice
3) place the fruit on your nail and lighting press down at the top with the tip of your finger to ensure your fimo is laying flat and not curling upwards at the sides
4) apply a thick coat of fast drying topcoat over the fimo to protect it and keep it in place

I hope you enjoyed this weeks pedicure design. It is fun, easy to achieve, and a perfect pedi for summer sandals. Give it a try! Thanks for reading!

No comments :