Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nail of the week: Green Sari Nails



This week I created a simple but elegant nail design inspired by an indian sari. This look is very easy to recreate. I started out with two coats of my favorite green nail polish, this gorgeous jade creme color called "lucky duck" by Orly click here to purchase. I purchased this color at Marshall's for $3.99.
I followed up with this dense green glitter polish from a local brand called "sula" that was a recent gift from my hubby. Like alot of glitters this formula was a little thick and hard to work with my the glitters were densely packed so it was easy to distribute the glitters on the nail. Using this green glitter polish I created a v shaped french manicure. I love the color combination!
Using a thin detail brush click here to purchaseand white water based acrylic paint click here to purchase I outlined the v in the french manicure. I added two small half circles on side of one of the french manicures. I added a thin line in the center of the half circles and outlined the half circles with small dots. I added a thick coat of topcoat to finish off and seal in my design. Thanks for reading and have a great week!

No comments :