Thursday, September 26, 2013

Nail of the week: Stone Cold French manicure

Im back this week with a few more nail and pedicure designs that ive been backlogging until I have the time to finally post them. Sigh I keep trying to get back on a regular posting schedule but sometimes life gets in the way you know? Anyway this weeks nail art is a recreation of a very simple french manicure design by my favorite nail artist (and personal nail art idol) Tartofraises aka Ophelia.  click here  to visit her blog.

I decided to do a french manicure design because I acquired a lovely beige nude by Orly recently called "Sheer Nude" that is perfect for the base color of a french manicure on my skintone. It is surprisingly opaque and pigmented and unlike alot of nudes that require 3-4 coats for opacity this color only required 2 coats.

Needless to say I was quite over the moon at finding Orly for sale here in Egypt, at 60 EGP it was about $8 too so roughly the same amount at what you would pay in the states. Click here  to purchase this color. Now if only I can find Essie nail polishes for sale here.....

Here is the picture from Tartofraises website of her design I recreated.
and here is my recreation
For the french manicure tips I used another Orly color called "stone cold", a medium blue shimmer with a slight glittery textured feel.  Click here to purchase

I used a thin liner brush and white water based acrylic paint to create the two parallel scrolls. I finished with a thin coat of "Night in vegas" by Essence which is a gorgeous red/yellow/gold/green flaky topcoat that adds dimension and uniqueness to any color it is applied over. I have mentioned it many times in this blog before and have noted that it is an exact dupe to the Essie color "shine of the times" that was discontinued a while back. They do sell Essence nail polishes in quite a few stores here although I have yet to see this particular color :( In the United States I purchased it at Fred Meyer for $2.99.

Thats all for this weeks super simple nail art design I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading!

No comments :