Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pedicure of the week: Hot pink flowers



I hadnt done a flower design in awhile so this week I wanted to do a flower pedicure design using bright fun summery colors (hey its still summer in egypt!) This bright candy colored hot pink polish was one my hubby picked up for me. It doesnt have a name, but it is by Sula Brand Cosmetics
As is the case with most neons this one was incredibly hard to photograph. I dont know why but neons almost always photograph much darker then they are in real life. I managed to capture the color accurately enough in the bottle picture although it does apply on the nails a little darker. I found the formula of this incredibly streaky and difficult to work with and a tad on the gloopy side but I found that when I used a topcoat to smooth out the finish I was really in love with the color. It is unlike any other neon pink I have ever owned before and I love it! I dont know how much it cost here since it was a gift but most street brands here are less then $2 USD a bottle.

I painted my toes with two coats of this neon pink. Then going in with my liner brush and yellow and pink water based acrylic paint I created this five petal flower with a yellow fleur de lis. I then added three small leaves with green water based acrylic paint around the flower. I used water to dillute black acrylic paint to make it super thin and added the tiny dots in the center of the flower. I finished up by adding a 3 mm rhinestone to the center of the flower. Dont forget to add a thick coat of topcoat to seal in the design.

Where to buy nail art supplies?
1) acrylic paint and nail art brushes: click here to purchase
2) 3mm rhinestone wheel:click here to purchase

No comments :