Sunday, October 27, 2013

Nail of the Week: Green Glitter Swirl



This week I went for a design I did many moons ago that IMO is simple yet elegant. It was inspired by one of my all time favorites Love4nails. For the base color I reached for my go to color combination this month, Orly's "sheer nude", click here to purchase the perfect beige foundation color, and Icings "Glimmer girl" layered over the top to create a nude with a beautiful gold sheen.
Orly "sheer nude"
Icing "Glimmer Girl"
For the next step I used a lovely duochrome polish by the turkish brand Flormar I bought in one of the malls here in Egypt to create a french manicure. This color didnt have a name but it is a beautiful greenish blue duochrome with just the slightest tinge of purple. It applied much more smoothly then alot of duochromes in my experience which tend to be very streaky. It also was one of the few duochromes in my experience who didnt lose the duochrome effect when applied to the nail and flash either one color or another. Flormar polishes are 20 EGP (about $2.75) which I thought was very reasonable priced. I would be willing to try more of this brand. click here to check out their website.
Next I used a small size dotting tool to create the green swirl down the side of the nail leaving one side of the duochrome french manicure exposed and finishing off the colors in a swirl at the bottom of the nail. For the color combination I used Orly's "lucky duck" a bright cream jade green polish click here to purchase and a densely packed medium green no name glitter polish in a clear base by Sula, a street brand here in egypt.
Orly "Lucky Duck"
The last step is just to apply your topcoat to seal in the design. I hope you try out this design it is fun and easy yet elegant. Thanks for reading! have a great week.

No comments :