Sunday, October 27, 2013

Nail of the week: Rubies, leopard, and flowers...oh my!





This week's nail art design is very simple and easy to achieve. I started out with my absolute go to color combination this month. Orly's "Sheer Nude" layered under Icing's "glimmer girl" This combination creates the most beautiful golden nude color to use as a base for french manicures.
icing "glimmer girl"

Orly "sheer nude"
For the next step I used a "frankenpolish", aka one I mixed myself, to create a pinkish nude shimmery camel color. I created a french manicure tip with this color bringing the sides down low to create a more elongated smile line.
Creating the Leopard Print:
1) Using a small size dotting tool and light brown acrylic paint I created a series of dots in different sizes along just the tip of the french manicure I created.

2) Then using black acrylic paint and the same small size dotting tool I carefully outlined each of my brown dots in a parenthesis ( ) like shape. This does not have to be perfect, in fact the more imperfect it is the more realistic the leopard pattern will be.

3) To add dimension add a few random splotchy dots around the spots you made in step two. Again it does not have to be precise or perfect.

4) Then using the same black acrylic paint I carefully outlined the leopard print tip.

After allowing this to completely dry I applied my favorite topcoat and added one 3mm size ruby to the bottoms of all of my nails except the thumbs. Click here for my short how to on apply nail art jewels

Creating the Red Flowers
1) Using my same small size dotting tool and red acrylic paint and created a series of five dotted flowers in different sizes along the side of your nail.

2) While the paint is still wet, lightly dip the dotting tool in the middle of each dot and pull upward to create an almond shape. Each tip of the almond shapes should be facing outwards.

3) After the flowers were completely dry I apply topcoat and added 1mm size rhinestones to the center of the flowers.

4) Using the same technique we used in step 2 to create the flower petals, and green acrylic paint I created leaves around the flower design.

5) Apply a thick top coat to seal in and protect your design.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

No comments :