Friday, November 1, 2013

pedicure of the week: bejeweled



Today's pedicure of the week post is a fast and easy design that literally anyone can achieve. Lately I've been really into wearing nail art jewels in various designs on my pedicure, it's almost like built in jewelry. I used an autumn color palette featuring this yellow polish from Sula Cosmetics my hubby bought me from one of the street vendors here in Egypt for about 4EGP (about $.50)
I tried looking up some information on Sula  nail polishes to see if they were available online but all I found was their line of peel off nail polishes. It doesn't matter anyway because I wouldn't recommend this brand at all. This particular color looks quite neon in the bottle but actually comes off as a muted mustard yellow. The pigmentation was very weak and it took a whopping 4 coats to achieve full opacity with no streaking. However the wear time was pretty decent as long as you make sure to use a good topcoat.

How to Apply Nail Art Jewels

1) Make sure your nail polish is still wet

2) Use a tiny drop of your favorite top coat on a spare sheet of paper.

3) Dip into the drop of topcoat with the tip of your small sized dotting tool

4) While the tip of the dotting tool is still wet pick up the rhinestones you want to use for your design by lightly touching the tops of the rhinestones with the tip of the dotting tool.

5) Place the rhinestone carefully on the nail, making sure to not slide the jewel around or it will smudge the polish. Keep applying the rhinestones until you have achieved your desired pattern. For this design I used 1mm size rhinestones, 3 mm size rhinestones, and square rhinestones to create the pattern on my nail.

6) When you are satisfied with the pattern you must make sure to apply a thick topcoat over the rhinestones being sure to coat the top and the sides of the jewel(preferably a fast dry brand) or they will come off in a day or two.

Thanks for Reading! 

No comments :