Friday, November 1, 2013

Pedicure of the week: Coat Azure



This week's pedicure nail art is another easy design that even those new to nail art can achieve. To begin I applied two coats of "Coat Azure" by Essie.


I don't use "Coat Azure" very often, my other Essie polishes get alot more love but I do have a special place in my heart for this one since it was my "something blue" in my wedding that I wore on my toes. Essie is far and away my favorite brand of nail polish. I love the formulation the perfect thin brush with compact bristles and their diverse color selection. Sadly I have not been able to find it for sale in Egypt...yet...the search continues.

I then applied a side swipe with this pretty aqua glitter polish in a blue jelly base. I thought it actually complemented Coat Azure quite well. I don't have a name for this polish, I purchased it on the street here in egypt for about 5EGP ($.75) but any complementing blue glitter would do.

Creating the Details:

1) Using a small size dotting tool and white water based acrylic paint I created a series of dots outlining the glitter side swipe on every nail except the big toe.

2)To create the design on the big toes use your white acrylic paint and dotting tool to make two thin swirls along the edge of the glitter side swipe that meet in the center with the swirls facing away fro each other.

3) Draw a series of dots from the center of the swirls to the other end of the nail.

4) All you have left to do is apply your topcoat to seal in your design and you're finished.

That's it, quick, easy, and eye catching, this design can be achieved in just 20 minutes. Hope you try it out! Thanks for reading and have a great week!

No comments :