Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vacation nails and where to get cheap Orly polish

If you follow this blog you might be wondering why the lack of posts lately. I have been in Thailand all month and did not bring any colors and hardly any nail supplies with me. I did do my nails the first week with just a few simple supplies I purchased in the local market
This is a very very simple look (for me) using just two coats of this beautiful shimmery blue polish by Orly called Stone Cold. I created a half moon manicure with a no name silver polish I purchased locally and outlined it with square shaped rhinestones. The flower on my thumb is a rubber flower, that was also purchased at the local market.I finished up the look with two thick coats of my favorite topcoat "Grand Central Station" by NYC.
This was my first experience with Orly polish since I don't usually buy salon brands. But before I left on my trip I stopped by Marshall's to get a few things and noticed that they sold a few OPI, Orly, and Essie. The OPI and Orly were both $3.99 and the Essie was $2.99. Half of what the usual retail value of these brands are. These were the three Orly polishes I picked up.
I was really tempted to pick up some of the OPI as well since I have never tried that brand and it was half the price of what they are usually sold for, but I resisted since I didn't see any colors that I just absolutely HAD to have. But I will be checking back there in the future to see what they get in. If you want to try out some of these salon brands but don't like paying retail for them check your local Marshall's. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great week!

No comments :