Wednesday, August 15, 2012

pedicure of the week: handpainted black and white polka dots with pink bow

click on photo to make bigger
This week I wanted to do something cute yet simple on my toes. Theres still a few weeks left of sandal season so I wanted something girly and summery. I was originally going to use red for the bows but I was afraid it would look too Minnie Mouse ;) I ended up loving the look of the pink much better anyway. I started out by painting my toenails with two coats of white polish. I used a medium size dotting tool and black acrylic paint to make the dots. I used pink acrylic paint and a liner brush for the bows and outlined them in black acrylic paint to give them more definition. For all the fancy intricate nail designs I've done I actually think some of my favorite pedicure designs have been the ones that were the most simple. This pedicure is the perfect match for this mani I had on over the fourth of July. I almost never do coordinating mani pedi looks but I'm kind of liking this idea who knows maybe I will start doing this more :) Thanks alot for reading and have a wonderful week :)
Remember this?
Supplies
1) White Nail polish: Wet n wild "french white creme" #449c $0.99 most drugstores
2) dotting tool: I purchased a set of five dotting tools in different sizes on Ebay for $1.59 for the set
click here to purchase dotting tools
3) Liner brush: I purchased a set of 15 nail art brushes on Ebay for $2.85 for the set
click here to purchase nail art brush set
4) Topcoat: NYC in a New York Minute "grand central Station" #202 $1.99 most drugstores

*all acrylic paints are Joann's Craft Essential brand purchased at Joann's for $0.59
1) black:#72034
2) twinkle pink: #72189

No comments :