Friday, July 6, 2012

Nail of the week: Gold Glitter Polish with Butterfly and Daisies




This week I knew I wanted to do a design based around this gorgeous Icing polish called "Gold Dust" Unlike most glitter polishes that you have to build up with multiple coats this one is surprisingly opaque in just two coats. I don't know how well you can see it in the picture but in person it is actually a multicolored red, silver, and gold glitter polish that makes your nails look like expensive jewels. I used the one stroke technique to paint the butterfly. One stroke is a technique that involves dipping both sides of the paintbrush in two different colors and then swirling the brush in an up and down motion to achieve a multicolored brush stroke. I used a liner brush to outlike the wings in black and to achieve the body. I added orange to the tips of the other nails to keep with the color pattern and added a small daisy to my accent ring finger. I achieved the usual french manicure by using orange nail polish to add a side swipe to the tips then I used orange water based acrylic paint and a thin brush to draw in the smaller half. I finished with my favorite topcoat to seal in my design and bring out the gorgeous shine of this unique glitter polish. I hope you enjoy this week's design. Thanks for reading have a great week!

Supplies
1) Gold Glitter Polish: Icing "Gold Dust" $4.50 by one get one half off in Icing Stores in the Mall

2) Orange Nail Polish: Wet n Wild "Sunny Side Up" #405: $0.99 most drugstores


All Acrylic Paints are Joann's Craft Essential brand purchased at Joann's Craft Store for $0.59 each
1) yellow: Lemon yellow #72011
2) white: #72001
3) black: #72034
4) orange: #72008

5) painters palette: $2.99 Joann's Craft Store



No comments :