Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nail of the Week: Pacific Blue Rain Drops

click on images to make them bigger
This week I did a design inspired by the above design from Tartofraises, one of my favorite youtube nail bloggers. It was a relatively easy (for her) design but I thought it was so beautiful, her designs are always so amazing and I always try to learn from her. For my background I chose the absolute IT color of this season "Pacific Blue" by Sally Hansen. I have never seen another color quite like it it is absolutely beautiful, it is the most brilliant bright (but not neon) creme blue that is going to flatter a wide variety of skin colors. It is totally opaque in two coats and has pretty good (4-5 days on me) wearability. This color has really taken the nail polish community by storm and I would definitely recommend it! It should be available at most drugstores (Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, etc) for only $2.99. It is one of Sally Hansen's Extreme Wear nail polishes best sellers so you may have to search for it a little. I added one coat of "oh baby" by Pure Ice nail polish to give it a metallic duo chrome sheen. I achieved the rain drops with a simple liner brush and white acrylic paint. It's important to note that anytime you use acrylic paint you must remember to use topcoat otherwise the paint will simply wash off. I hope you enjoy this week's nail art design. Thank you for reading! :)

Supplies
1) Blue Nail polish: Sally Hansen Extreme wear "pacific blue": Available in most drugstores for $2.99
click here to purchase this polish
2) Duo Chrome Topcoat: Pure Ice "oh baby": available in walmart for $2.99
click here to purchase this polish
3) Topcoat: NYC in a New York Minute "Grand central Station": available in most drugstores for $1.99
click here to purchase this topcoat
4) Liner Nail art brush: I purchased a set of 15 brushes on Ebay for only $2.85
click here to purchase nail art brushes
5) White acrylic paint: I purchased this at Joann's Craft Store for $0.59

No comments :