Wednesday, October 3, 2012

nail of the week: egyptian influenced pattern

Egyptian influenced pattern
Egyptian Prints
This week I wanted to do more ethnic pattern inspired nails so I researched some prints from Egypt. I decided to use the one on the top right (with the colors reversed of course). It gave my fingers a kind of almost tire tread pattern which I thought was kind of different and unique. I am thinking of trying out the design in the left center since I quite liked that one as well. I created the design by painting two coats of black nail polish, and then using the smallest size dotting tool and white water based acrylic paint that I purchased at the craft store for $0.59. I finished up with two coats of my favorite topcoat, NYC in a New York Minute in "grand central station". If you don't have a small size dotting tool they can be purchased quite easily on Ebay or you can achieve essentially the same results with the tip of a ballpoint pen or a sharpened pencil. (Paint washes off easily with water). I hope you enjoy this week's nail design. Thanks for reading and have a great week!

No comments :