Thursday, December 20, 2012

Easy paisley nail art tutorial: short nails

I liked this weeks nail art so much I decided to do a quick tutorial. I achieved the look with just four easy steps. You will need white water based acrylic paint that can be purchased inexpensively at any craft store. I am using a white by Joann's Craft Essentials brand I purchased at Joann's for $0.59 a bottle. You will also need a small size dotting tool or small detail paintbrush. I purchased my small size dotting tool on Ebay for $2.99 as part of a 15 pc brush set click here to purchase. The same results can also be achieved by using the tip of a ballpoint pen or the tip of a sharpened pencil. 
my small size dotting tool
Orly "lucky duck"

step one: Paint nails

step two: Using the paint and dotting tool make a simple leaf shape in the center of the nail tilting to one side
step three: draw a tear drop shape around the leaf finish by adding a small swirl on the top
step four: add tiny tear drops around the entire paisley, add two thick coats of quick dry topcoat and you are finished!
the finished look on my nails

No comments :