Saturday, March 9, 2013

"embroidered" silver french tip manicure

click here to purchase Revlon "Sheer Rose"
click here to purchase Revlon "silver screen"



If you read this blog regularly you know I've never been a fan of the french manicure but ever since I discovered Revlon's "sheer rose" I have been using it so often that it's becoming a go to look in the past couple of months for me. To create this beautiful embroidery inspired design:
1) paint nails two coats of your favorite nude polish. I chose my favorite "sheer rose" by revlon.
2) Use your favorite silver polish to create a french tip. I chose "silver screen" by revlon. I also added a very thin coat of a holographic silver polish. I chose "hallucinate" by wet n wild.
3) use black water based acrylic paint and a small detailing brush or dotting tool to create an exaggerated smile line.
click here to purchase acrylic paint
click here to purchase Nail art brush set
4) draw the five petal flower and leaf pattern with black acrylic paint and a small size dotting tool first. let dry completely 
5) carefully fill in the center of the leaves with a small size dotting tool and dark green acrylic paint and the petals of the flower with white acrylic paint. take care to leave a black outline giving it an "embroidered" look.
6) use black acrylic paint to create the swirls around the flower and a dot pattern.
7) use white acylic paint to outline the black dot pattern.
8) add topcoat to the center of the flower and add a 1MM size rhinestone in the color of your choice.
click here to purchase nail art rhinestones
9) finish by adding a thick topcoat to seal in the design.

No comments :