Saturday, March 9, 2013

Practicing

Recently I have decided to branch out a little and start doing nails for some of my friends and family. I have never done nails on anyone except myself so it has been fun and interesting. If you guys like it I might try to include more of these practice posts in the future.
click on photo to enlarge
This first design was a variation on one I did on myself awhile ago. It was very easy to achieve and looks beautiful on nails of any length. The beautiful mint green we used was by Essie and it was called "where's my chauffeur?" I created the leopard print with tan, dark brown, and black water based acrylic paint. This paint can be purchased at any art store. I added three five dotted flowers with white water based acrylic paint and topped them off with 1 mm size rhinestones. I finished the look by sealing it in with topcoat.
I dont remember what this pink was that we used for this design but I used white and black water based acrylic paint and a small size dotting tool to achieve the zebra print. I outlined the sideswipe with silver glitter polish by sinful colors called "queen of beauty" which is my favorite silver polish.
For this next design we used a dark blue no name polish by H&M and topped it with one thin coat of the NYC "Matte me crazy" topcoat. The gold was Essie's "good as gold" which we added the blue spots to and outlined them in black water based acrylic paint to create the leopard pattern. Fun and very very easy.
These next nails were one I did for my cousin. She requested octopus nails with the tentacles branching out onto every finger. I used Sally Hansen xtreme wear in "pacific blue" and used dark and light purple to create the octopus with a fine detailing brush. I topped it off with a thick coat of topcoat to seal in the design.





No comments :