Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nail of the Week: SOUTH PARK!



Left Hand


Close up of Cartman


Close up of Stan


Right Hand


Close up of Kyle

This week I chose South Park as a nail theme. I have to say it was actually much harder to draw the characters then I had anticipated considering the somewhat rudimentary style of animation. I think with me personally who is not a great artist it is actually harder to do simpler characters then the more complicated ones since there is less room for error because in a more complicated design you can just pant over any mistakes.  The technique used to create the characters was the homemade nail stickers using simple clear nail polish and acrylic paints. I discuss this technique more in depth in my "Mickey Goofy and Snoopy oh my" blog post click here to view this blogpostThey are all hand painted. Anyway it was alot of fun to do. I had originally intended to do a bright orange background but for some reason the bottle of orange I had was applying really clumpy and streaky so I decided on this muted blue background with holographic sparkles. I hope you enjoy this week's nail art design and thank you for reading.

All Supplies used to Create this design

Supplies:

1) Icing nail polish "Printemps" = I paid $2.00 for a set of five mini icing polishes in a french themed collection
2) Glitter Polish Wet n Wild "kaleidoscope" #460D= $0.99 at most drugstores 
3) NYC in a New York Minute  "grand central station" #202 = $1.80-$1.99 at most Target and drugstores
click here to purchase this topcoat 
4) Painters Palette=$2.99 Joann's Fabric Store
click here to purchase this 
5) Double Sided Dotting Tool= $1.79 Joann's Fabric Store
click here to purchase this 

*All Acrylic Paints were purchased at Joann's Fabric Store for $0.69 each**

6)  Joanns Craft Essentials "Dark Brown" #72028
7) Joann's Craft Essentials "Fire Engine Red" #72126
8) Joann's Craft Essentials "White" #72001
9) Joann's Craft Essentials " Black" #72034
10) Joann's Craft Essentials "Caribbean Coast" #72136
11) Joann's Craft Essentials "Cantalope" #72128
12) Joann's Craft Essentials "Lemon Yellow #72011



No comments :