Thursday, May 3, 2012

pedicure of the week: sari pink jewels and gold beads

click on the picture to make it bigger
For this week's pedicure nail art I was inspired  by a sari I bought when I was in the middle east a few years ago. It is a beautiful mint green color with gold swirled beading and jewels. The beading on the pedicure was all applied by hand which was kind of a headache but I was pretty happy with the result. Microbeads are the "it"  nail trend of the season but most people are wearing them as a "caviar" nail which means they are simply dipping their wet fingers inside a pot of beads and the beads covering the entire nail. But if you like the microbeads in a particular pattern you have to apply topcoat to the nail dip your dotting tool in the topcoat and pick up a few beads at a time and apply them to the nail and arrange them before they dry. You will also need a good thick topcoat in order to really secure the beading and jewels. I'm having some camera issues so I won't be able to get a picture of all the supplies I used to achieve this design but I will list them anyway. Thanks for reading!

Supplies
1) Wet n Wild Megalast "I need a refresh-mint" #218A= $1.99 most drugstores
click here to purchase this polish

2) Topcoat= NYC in a New York Minute "Grand Central Station"=$1.99 most drugstores
click here to purchase this topcoat

3) 3MM rhinestone Wheel= $0.99 Ebay
click here to purchase this rhinestone wheel

4) Microbeads=$1.75 Ebay
click here to purchase microbeads

5) 5 pc Dotting Tool Set=$1.59 Ebay
click here to purchase dotting tool set

No comments :