Friday, May 4, 2012

sssssnakeskin and mint green

For this week's  nail art design I chose a snakeskin pattern that yes is handpainted and yes took way too long to do. Certain designs I begin sort of to challenge myself and then I get halfway through and wonder what the heck I got myself into. I'm pretty happy with the result but to be perfectly honest I would have preferred to have this design over all ten nails but it just took too much time and too much eyestrain. Doing the accent nail is never my favorite look and will usually only do it when I do my cartoon nails, with a pattern I usually like to have then all the same but c'est la vie. For the other nails I chose this gorgeous mint shade my wet n wild I also used in my pedicure this week. I was originally going to go with a dark burgundy color but I wanted something that would sort of stand out and really contrast the snakeskin pattern rather then blend in a little more. This way I feel like the color as well as the art work both stand out. I really don't know whats wrong with my camera lately it seems to want to take one picture and then not take any more so I wasn't able to get pictures of my supplies again. grrr I need a new camera! But of course I will list them here for you. Thanks so much for reading!

1) Mint Green Polish: Wet n Wild "I need a refresh-mint" #218A = $1.99 most drugstores
click here to purchase this color
2) Shimmery beige color: NYC in a New York Minute "Mulberry Street" #212= $1.99 most drugstores
click here to purchase this color
3) Dotting Tool= $1.59 for a set of five purchased on Ebay
click here to purchase dotting tools
4) Black Acrylic Paint: Joann's Home Essentials "Black" 72034= $0.59 Joann's Craft Store
5) Painter's Palette: $2.99 Joann's Craft Store

No comments :