Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nail of the Week: Glitzy over the top New Years nails

Left Hand (click on photo to enlarge)

Happy New Year! To ring in 2013 I wanted to do a nail design that was glitzy and fun and over the top. I am still trying to use some of my extra nail polishes that I am not taking with me when I move. I started out by painting my nails with "Black on black" by Sinful Colors. I added pink glittery french tips with "Strobe Light" by Sally Hansen. "Strobe light" is a beautiful light pink glitter with holographic glitters inside it. It is said to be a great cheaper alternative to "Teenage Dream" by OPI from the Katy Perry collection. They are NOT exact dupes but the colors are very very similar, and the Sally Hansen version is of course a fraction of the price of its OPI counterpart.
Sinful Colors "Black on Black" $1.99
Sally Hansen "strobe light" $2.64-$2.99
"Teenage Dream" OPI Katy Perry Collection

For the nail art, I added topcoat and added a pink 3mm size rhinestone at the bottom of the french tip line and added a line of 1mm size rhinestones around it. I used violet and white water based acrylic paint and a flat tipped brush to paint a one stroke flower. I used a small size dotting tool and light green and dark green paint to add leaf detail to my flowers. I added topcoat and added three pink 1mm size rhinestones to the center of each flower. I finished by adding a thick coat of topcoat to seal in my design. Over the top....well yes but it's New Year's and I wanted to do something girly and fun.

Nail art rhinestones can be purchased VERY inexpensively on Ebay. I purchased two wheels of several different colors in both 1mm and 3mm sizes for $0.99 each from Hong Kong with free shipping.  Most sellers (at least in my experience) have been fast and reliable. I have purchased other nail art accessories like glitters, rubber flowers, rhinestones, paints, etc from Hong Kong sellers as well and have had very good experiences, and the fact that they all have free shipping is a definite bonus. I have also purchased all my nail art brushes and dotting tools from Ebay as well.

I hope you all have a great New Year's! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this week's nail design.

No comments :