Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Nail of the week: V french manicure with abstract flower

Left Hand (Click on photo to enlarge)

Left Hand (click on photo to enlarge)

Right Hand (click on photo to enlarge)
Merry Christmas! As some of you know I am moving soon, and as much as I love my nail polish I simply CANNOT tote my over 60 bottles of nail polish around with me.....sooo I weeded out my collection and am trying to use as much of the discards over the next month as possible so they don't go to waste. I chose three of these for this week's manicure. Sally Hansen's Insta Dri Polish in "Co-Bolt Blue", Wet n Wild's Wild Shine in "Lady Luck", and Wet n Wild's Wild Shine in Hallucinate which is a beautiful multicolored glitter. I have previously blogged about both of these colors in my nail of the week/dupes posts here and here as both are great dupes for more expensive Essie nail polishes. I chose pink and blue since I wanted a really contrasting color for the V french tips. I don't typically do french tips but I am really loving the V french lately as I think it adds a unique and sophisticated twist to the traditional french. I drew the abstract flower using white water based acrylic paint and a small size dotting tool. I just love my small size dotting tool and have found myself using it almost exclusively the last couple of months over some of my other paintbrushes as I feel like it gives me a little more precise control. I got my small size dotting tool very very inexpensively for $2.85 on Ebay as part of a 15 brush nail art brush set. click here to purchase. I really like the look and I feel like it is different then any of my other designs so far. I hope your holidays are relaxing, enjoyable, and fun. PS don't worry even though I am moving and paring down my nail polish collection significantly I will DEFINITELY continue to do my blog! Thank you so much for reading!
Sally Hansen Insta Dri "Co-Bolt Blue" $3.99

Wet n Wild "Lady Luck" $0.99

No comments :