Saturday, March 9, 2013

Nail of the week: Black abstract with holographic glitter

black glitter abstract click on photo to enlarge


So sorry for the long delay in posting friends! If you follow this blog you know that I moved recently and I have been extremely busy getting settled in and also planning and executing my wedding. I have a decent stash of backlogged nail designs and will be posting them all over the next few days. Thanks for being patient and understanding.
This nail design was very simple and easy to achieve in just a few steps
1) paint nails with two coats of any black nail polish of your choice. I chose "black lingerie" by revlon. Revlon polishes typically retail for $4.99 each but I bought this one wholesale in a lot for about $0.89 at Grocery Outlet. This was not my favorite drugstore nail polish I prefer "black on black" by sinful colors who needs just two thin coats for opacity.

2) top black polish with one thin coat of a holographic glitter polish of your choice. I chose "hallucinate" by wet n wild which is a pretty good dupe for "snow globe" by china glaze. Wet n wild polishes are totally decent and retail for about $0.99.
3) Use a small size dotting tool and white water based acrylic paint available for purchase at the craft store to create abstract "wave" shapes in whatever size or shape you desire. Each of my nails is slightly different. Small size dotting tools can be purchased on ebay or if you do not have one you can achieve the same results with a sharpened pencil.
4) use the small size dotting tool to add dots to some of the bigger waves again in whatever pattern you desire.
5) seal everything in with a topcoat.
Have fun with this design you can do it with big waves or small. whatever you choose and remember not all your nails have to be the same! Thanks for reading and have a great week

No comments :