Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pedicure of the week: Pink Side flower

click on photo to enlarge

click on photo to enlarge


click on photo to enlarge

click on photo to enlarge

China Glaze (left) Sinful Colors "Queen of Beauty" (right)
This week I reached for a color that for some reason does not get much love from me in my nail polish collection, its this deep burgundy shimmery shade from China Glaze that I don't have the name for. I got it at a swap meet in California a couple of years ago for a couple of dollars. I accented it with a pink tropical inspired side flower. To achieve this look:
1) paint toenails two coats of your favorite burgundy polish
2) using pink water based acrylic paint available for purchase in the paint aisles of michael's or joann's craft store, and a small paintbrush make three large petals on the side of your nail. Using a thin liner brush outline the petals in purple paint.
3) using the same purple paint and liner brush add one thin line in between each pink petal.
4) using your favorite silver glitter nail polish add some glitter to the center of your flower. I chose "Queen of Beauty" by sinful colors. This is one of my best loved and most used glitter nail polishes in my collection. It retails for just $1.99 and it would be a great addition to any collection for nail art or just to be worn alone.
5) using the pink acrylic paint and a small size dotting tool add two rows of tear drops in a heart shape pattern extending from the flower to the otherside of the nail.
6) finish off your design with topcoat to seal in and protect your work.

No comments :