Sunday, April 29, 2012

Nail art of the Week: Pokemon!!

Pikachu and Poke balls

For this week's nail art I decided to make another themed design. I have always loved cute little pikachu and I decided to make him the focus of the design. The pikachu is handpainted and was achieved making my homemade nail stickers, which is the technique I use any time that I do a cartoon nail design or a more complicated nail design since it allows me to make a more perfect, detailed design since it is not painted directly on the nail. I discuss this technique more in depth in my "Mickey Snoopy and Goofy oh my" blog post click here to see this blogpost. I am trying to decide what I want to do for future nail of the week posts, I am toying with the idea of Diary of a Wimpy Kid nails. I am enjoying doing the cartoon nails but they don't have to be, if there is a nail look you want me to try be sure to leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks so much for reading!

Supplies used to achieve this design

Supplies

1) red nail polish= Wet n Wild "red red" #414 A=$0.99 most drugstores
click here to purchase this polish  
2 )Topcoat= NYC in a New York Minute fast dry "grand central station" #202= $1.80-$1.99 most drugstores and Target
click here to purchase this topcoat 

*All Acrylic paint is Joann's Home Essentials brand purchased at Joann's Craft store for $0.59 cents each

1) red- "fire engine red" #72126
2) white-"white" #72001
3) Black-"black" #72034
4) yellow-"lemon yellow" #72011

No comments :